Quilts About Town 2019
Community Building Event
It all started in 2017 with the idea to connect the downtown community …
Last year, the Virginia Quilt Museum saw a 19% increase in foot traffic (and admissions) to our museum during an event we call “Quilts About Town.”
The idea behind "Quilts About Town" is to find local businesses that would like to help build our downtown community and business relationships.
This is designed to be a fun, free marketing event to help increase local business awareness and opportunities for residents.
Below you will find the details for getting involved.
Quilts About Town
Dates of event: Oct. 1st - 28th
Goal: To increase local business awareness, business partnerships and foot traffic
- Each business that would like to participate will agree to display one of our educational and historical quilts.
- All quilts that are eligible for display have been preserved and are allowed to be hung in public.
- The Virginia Quilt Museum will be responsible for hanging them, checking in on the quilts weekly, managing any care they may need and taking them down by Oct. 28th.
- Quilts will be on display in businesses through most of the month of October. We would like participation through the 28th so community members and all businesses involved may get the most benefit from this event. We are open to discuss different take-down dates with each business if that would help with participation.
- Community members will be given a passport that we, the Virginia Quilt Museum, print and hand out from our gift shop. We will also hand out a few to each business if needed, but we would prefer to be the start location of this "scavenger hunt."
- Over the course of the month of October, individuals who participate will go to view each quilt at various businesses, read the history and/or potentially collect a piece of a puzzle. Each business will initial by their logo that the person was there (most likely a front desk person).
- When the participant completes the scavenger hunt, they will return a completed passport to our gift shop at the Virginia Quilt Museum.
- Each participant that completes a scavenger hunt will receive one free entrance pass to our museum to use before the end of 2019
- We will then randomly select winners for prizes that have been donated to the museum on behalf of this event by October 31st 2019.
Why should you participate?
- We, the Virginia Quilt Museum, will be sending out an event newsletter to our email base of 725 participants and various state-wide organizations as well as do additional marketing for this event on our website and social media.
- If your business would like to advertise a discount, event, special offer, etc. we will also be happy to put that on the passport so that visitors may experience your business to the best of their ability while they visit.
If you would like to participate:
- If you would like to participate, please email Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Wednesday Sept. 25th.
- In your email, please include a high resolution image of your logo or graphic that you would like used and any offers you’d like included.
- Please clearly ID your contact person and contact information so that if we have questions, we can direct them to the appropriate person(s).
- All display spaces will be personally approved by the Quilt Museum so if you think you'd like to participate, we'd love to see if it's a safe place for our quilts.
Below are local businesses that participated in Quilts About Town in 2018.
Thank you for your support!